The 621st Air Control Squadron is the airspace management agency assigned to the 607th Air Operations Center, 7th Air Force, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. It is the only permanently forward-deployed air control squadron in the world responsible for providing air control (radar) services for combat air operations. It 621st Air Control Squadron achieves command and control of joint air operations by conducting surveillance identification, weapons control, Battle Management and theater communications data link. The squadron has an average of 70 personnel assigned to control and maintenance specialties. Technicians maintain the Battle System Control Station - Korea infrastructure and perform daily technical maintenance and periodic inspections of 19 radar and 48 radio sites. Providing computer troubleshooting and status updates to the Mission Crew Commander.
Additionally; the squadron is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Combined Force Air Component Commander's recognizable air picture. The unit supports training and contingency operations for 57 assigned F-16, A-10, U-2, and HH-60 aircraft assigned to 8th and 51st Fighter Wings. The squadron is responsible for the Korean peninsula and surrounding waters. The 621st Air Control Squadron trains hard to defend the Republic of Korea and support the wing's motto "Ready to Fight Tonight!"
To provide focused and lethal tactical battle management/control for the Air Component Commander in support of UNC/USAFK objectives during armistice and war.
· Mission focused organization committed to excellence in tactical battle management/C2
· Provide our Airmen with the highest quality training and tools to accomplish our mission
· Lead our Airmen with the highest quality training and tools to accomplish our mission
· Strengthen our host-nation and joint relationships; both militarily and culturally
· Create an atmosphere that encourages and holds individuals accountable for physical fitness
· Provide a work environment that encourages team work and is free discrimination
Constituted as 621 Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron on 2 Jul 1946. Activated on 1 Aug 1946. Inactivated on 3 Feb 1958. Redesignated as 621 Tactical Control Squadron and activated on 7 Feb 1966. Organized 23 Feb 1966. Redesignated as 621 Air Control Squadron on 7 Feb 1992.