Brigadier General David S. Eaglin is the Deputy Commander, Seventh Air Force, Air Forces Korea, and Chief of Staff, Air Component Command, Osan Air Base, South Korea. The Seventh Air Force mission is to organize, train, and equip warfighting forces supporting the air component command assigned to the combined forces command and perform missions that support United Nations Command armistice maintenance.
General Eaglin was born in West Memphis, Ark. and earned his commission upon graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in 1994. He graduated, with distinction, from Undergraduate Pilot Training at Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi. General Eaglin has served as an F-15C instructor pilot, flight examiner, flight commander, assistant director of operations, chief of standardization and evaluation, operations officer, squadron commander and vice wing commander.
General Eaglin has deployed in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, INHERENT RESOLVE and with an Air Forces Central Command theater security package. He is a command pilot with more than 2,500 flight hours. Prior to this assignment, General Eaglin served as the Vice Director of Operations, Headquarters North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. He was responsible for supporting the execution of aerospace warning, aerospace control, and maritime warning for North America to include the Canadian, Alaskan, and continental United States NORAD Regions within the bi-national command.
1994 Bachelor of Science in Management, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1997 Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Utah.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB,Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Military Arts and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA 2014 Master of Strategic Studies, Carlisle Barracks, PA.
1. November 1994 - June 1998, Acquisition Program Manager, Hill AFB, Utah
2. July 1998 - July 1999, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. August 1999 - September 1999, Student, Intro to Fighter Fundamentals, Columbus AFB, Miss.
4. November 1999 - April 2000, Student, F-15C Fighter Training Unit, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. June 2000 - August 2003, Flight Lead, Mission Commander, Instructor Pilot, Flight Examiner, Chief of Training, Chief of Scheduling, Flight Commander, 19th Fighter Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
6. September 2003 - July 2006, Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, Assistant Director of Operations, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. August 2006 - June 2007, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2007 - July 2009, Chief of Contingency Planning, Air Component Command Plans and Coordination, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
9. October 2009 - July 2013, Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 18th Operations Group, Director of Operations, 67th Fighter Squadron, Commander, 44th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
10. July 2013 - June 2014, Student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
11. June 2014 - May 2015, Chief, Current Operations and Power Projection Division, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
12. June 2015 – May 2017, Vice Commander, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
13. June 2017 – July 2018, Commander, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik AB, Turkey
14. July 2018 – June 2019, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
15. June 2019 – present, Deputy Commander, Seventh Air Force, Air Forces Korea, and Chief of Staff, Air Component Command, Osan AB, South Korea
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: Over 2,500
Aircraft flown: F-15C, A-10C, A/T-38B, T-38, T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major October 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2009
Colonel July 1, 2015
Brigadier General June 19, 2019
(Current as of February 2021)